iPhone Backing up Jailbroken iPhone 4s

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by lilfilboi123, Sep 9, 2012.

1. lilfilboi123 macrumors newbie

Hello, im not quite sure how i could figure this out so im asking you guys.

I have a 16gb iPhone 4s running 5.0.1. I need to go to the apple store and probably get a "new" replacement iPhone because this one gives me problems (volume up button always present, doesnt leave screen until you press volume down, and randomly raises the volume again)

Before i go to the apple store, i want to backup my iPhone and all the jailbroken stuff i have on it. When i get my replacement iPhone i want to set it up from the backup so when i start using the phone it remembers anything that was on it and my icon setup and whatnot. Heres some of my questions.

How would i go about backing up EVERYTHING on this phone? regular iTunes backup and the Cydia stuff as well?

Probably a simple question but, would i need to update my iOS to 5.1.1 before bringing it to apple?

And when i come back with the replacement iPhone, how would i restore from the backup?

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

Try searching been discussed many many times.

3. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

iTunes for AppStore and settings
    PkgBackup for Cydia apps

4. alec6542 macrumors regular

Regarding PkgBackup, I found it a waste of money once I discovered APTBackup. What's exactly does PkgBackup do that APTBackup doesn't? Your Cydia settings/configuration ARE saved in iTunes backups, so what's the point in saving them again with PkgBackup? (Or maybe that IS the point?)

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

PkgBackup works quite well, much more complete than any other Cydia backup available.

Oh yes, it does cost money, but I am one who doesn't mind paying for apps :)