Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CajitaFeliz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2014
I know this question has been asked many times before -I've been checking this site for years now- but I want to be extra clear since there's some details to my problem that the usual solutions don't address.

I'm using an iphone on ios 6.something. I've got 2,000+ voice memos, about a minute long on average. I want to transfer these to my macbook pro or a cloud service or anywhere I can move them around all at once. All the solutions I've seen on this site in the last few years have required me to sync with itunes or move them around in small batches or one by one. This is not feasible for me. And I can't sync without deleting what's already on my phone.

I've tried the free version of several programs - Acmacsoft, iPhone Backup Extractor, Sharepod, Phoneview, and Softonic. All these limit you to transfer only 10-20 files of a kind. I realize I could just pay for the full version but I'd have to wait a week or more for my new credit card to come in to pay online. Plus I'm cheap.

Sorry to overexplain this but it always seems that no matter how helpful and thorough people are in their responses, they always overlook one or more of these issues (primarily: the barriers put up in trial versions of these programs and that I can't sync with itunes without deleting what's on my phone). Keep in mind that I've got TONS of almost daily voice memos going back to jan 1 2012.

If you're really comprehensively familiar iphone extactor programs and you don't know of another that would not limit me to small batches of files without paying, that's something that would be good to know. Maybe there just isn't a free solution. But before I shell out the cash I just want to know that someone understood my question and confirmed that there was no better option. Seriously this has been plaguing me for 4 years now. Anyone that can help me capture my white whale would be my hero. The chosen one. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ben

blueroom

macrumors 603
Feb 15, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Four years later and you're still too cheap to spend a buck or two? You don't need a credit card, just buy an iTunes card at the supermarket.

CajitaFeliz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2014
Thanks for the reply, blueroom. I hadn't considered those itunes cards. Maybe I included too much information and that confused which problem I was actually trying to address...

powerstrokin

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013
Try iFunBox.

It's free. Google it.

I think iBackupBot will work for what you want as well, but they both do most of the same things.

blueroom

macrumors 603
Feb 15, 2009
Toronto, Canada
I take it back, not cheap but cautious which is good. I also don't have a CC tied to my iTunes account. As an added bonus you can often get the cards on sale at big box stores for 20% off, but wait there's more: Netflix can be paid using an iTunes account.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.