backing up my cellphone addresses

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by zoran, Aug 20, 2009.

1. zoran macrumors 68030

Is there a way to back up using a utility of some sort, the phone adresses i have on my cell phone? I have the sony ericsson 750i

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Is that the same as the K750i? If so, it's supported by iSync. The most straightforward thing to do would be to sync it's contacts and/or calendars to iCal and Address Book via iSync.... then you can always restore these from there should you need to or when you get a different phone.

3. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

Well it looks like the 750 i guess but i dont know if its has other similarities. Is iSync an app provided by OSX?

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

When I google Sony Ericsson 750i, I only get links to the k750i, so I'm guessing that's what you have. As for iSync, yes, it's in your Applications or Utilities folder somewhere. It's pretty easy to use. It probably supports syncing the device using BT also, so you probably don't even have to plug it in.

5. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

How silly of me, yes 750i and K750i are the same cell phone! sorry!
    Is there a way - From iSync- to transfer the phone book to another Mac?

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I don't know how to do that directly from iSync, but Address Book has the option to export / backup the address book (this is where iSync puts the information when it syncs) and you can then copy that file over to another computer (similarly with iCal); there are also some apps specifically for computer-to-computer syncing...