Backing up my MacBook OS X disk 1

Discussion in 'macOS' started by iJawn108, Aug 2, 2007.

1. iJawn108 macrumors 65816

iJawn108

I want to back up my install disk but its over the size limit of a single layer disk.

Is there anyway I can bring the size down by removing the extras on the disk? and just having the OS incase I would ever loose my disk or damage it? :eek: actually how do you even make images of disks in os x?

or could i split the image over two disks even?

2. 66217 Guest

Not sure if it would even work. And if there is a way to do it, it would be by using hacks and so. And maybe even illegal.

Not exactly that what I am about to say is true, but do you remember that little useless paper that comes with your Mac, where it says Software and Mac OS X (the little white coupons)?
    I think these coupons are in the case you ever loose your DVD's you can go to an Apple Store and receive a new copy of OS X.

But the truth is that only God and Steve Jobs know the real reason of the existence of these coupons. In past years, in the dinosaurs era, they were supposed to be for upgrades (like from 10.1 to 10.2).

3. iJawn108 thread starter macrumors 65816

iJawn108

Ohhhhhh cool, I won't even worry about it then.

4. HaveBlue83 macrumors newbie

West Grove, PA~ Stationed at Fort Polk, LA
    REALLY???? I have them still in my bag....

both my CD' are scratched from years or carry in the bag. I wanted to get new boot CD's......I'll have to try that one....lol

even though mine are for 10.4.2.....lol....

5. 66217 Guest

Please post back if it do works!!!:)

Or if not, ask the reason of such coupons.