Backing Up Programs For Leopard

JPM42

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
I just purchased an external hard drive last night and after making a bootable clone to my hard drive through CCC, I am wondering if there are more things I have to do for two certain programs, as I plan to install Leopard as an Erase And Install.

1. iTunes - Since I made the bootable clone, do I really have to do anything else here? Once I install Leopard, would I just merely copy the music in the iTunes Library folder on the external HD into the iTunes Library on Leopard? Also, do I have to deauthorize my iTunes account before installing Leopard?

2. Firefox - I use Firefox and one of the things that I use extensively is AdBlock. Over the last several months, I have been able to block out several ads. If I upgrade to Leopard, will I lose all that information and have to start all over again or is there a way to preserve those settings within Firefox after the installation

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
1. It's all in the iTunes folder
2. All of your FireFox add-ons are in ~/Library (I'm still trying to find out which folder.)

JPM42

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
1. It's all in the iTunes folder
2. All of your FireFox add-ons are in ~/Library (I'm still trying to find out which folder.)

Thanks, Eldorian. So, do I have to worry about deauthorizing my account on iTunes? And since the Firefox add-ons are in ~/Library, should my settings and sites that I've blocked also be preserved on there, as well? Thanks again!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.