Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SJME7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 30, 2005
I just bought a Lacie 250 GB Fire Wire hard drive. My intent was to back up my G4 on it. My brother suggested that I install Tiger on it and then install the basic files (system programs) on it and still have room to store all the pictures I am working on. I need a little better directions than he has given me. All he said was “put the install disk in and follow the directions”. Can you recommend a site that has more specific directions?

Thank you

jeremy.king

macrumors 603
Jul 23, 2002
Holly Springs, NC
EricNau said:
Does that make a complete copy, including OS X? So if my computer crashed, I would have everything, so it would be like nothing ever happened?

Yes. You did read the site, right?

Have you ever wanted a simple, complete, bootable backup of your hard drive? Have you ever wanted to upgrade to a larger hard drive with minimal hassle and without reinstalling your OS and all of your applications? Have you ever wanted to move your entire Mac OS X installation to a new computer? Then CCC is the tool for you!

madtodaimax

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2004
might be a dumb question, but does this require the same space that is taken up on the h.d.?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.