Backing Up Steam Games in OSX

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by furious, Jan 22, 2011.

1. furious macrumors 65816

furious

I did a search of Mroogle and Google and did not find an answer. I need to take my MBP in to the shop to get the keyboard and power supply replaced and I want to back up my steam games manually. I have used time machine to back up the system. Which folders do I drag and drop on the external hdd to back up all my steam games.

2. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

3. nasabaer macrumors member

i managed to backup my steam games by use of the steam integrated backup routine... and i got some files out of it.

but i don´t know how to restore this files into steam. i found no way to do it.
    under windows you always get a little *.exe file to restore the backups into steam again - not so in os x.

anyone tried this ?

4. deadwulfe macrumors 6502a

deadwulfe

In Steam go to Account -> Backup and Restore Games, choose restore from previous backup and then navigate to and select the folder of the backup you want to restore.

You can select the main folder without having to go inside it and selecting the Disk_1 folder of the backup.

5. nasabaer macrumors member

gnah really ? i think i have overseen this :mad: .. oh man.. thanks a lot :D