Backing up Tiger?

OrangeSVTguy

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2007
Northeastern Ohio
i'm to new mac(well really my last mac was in 96 lol) but i bought a HDD with legit tiger preinstalled. is there a way to put that on a disk so in case i need to restore my mac? it's 10.4.1. is there a 3rd party utility to do this or is there something in the OS itself to do this? any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

ps i do find myself playing more on my mac then on my XP laptop :D

OrangeSVTguy

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2007
Northeastern Ohio
thanks for the reply. and yes i am a fordie :D my orange svt is a 2004 svt focus. i bought the HDD with a fresh copy of the OS already installed. i was just wondering if there was a utility to back it up to a cd or dvd like i did on my vaio laptop which i had to as they come preloaded without any restore disks, you have to burn your own.

fredd500

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2007
Do you mean you brought a new mac with Tiger pre-installed? Or just a Hard Disk in which case you have probably bought an illegal copy of the software and if you paid a premium for it, youve been ripped off.

If you mean a new Mac, you should have had the resore disks with it - I bought a new Mac Pro a couple of months ago and the disks were in the top of the box.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.