Backing up Tiger?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by OrangeSVTguy, Oct 22, 2007.

1. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

i'm to new mac(well really my last mac was in 96 lol) but i bought a HDD with legit tiger preinstalled. is there a way to put that on a disk so in case i need to restore my mac? it's 10.4.1. is there a 3rd party utility to do this or is there something in the OS itself to do this? any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

ps i do find myself playing more on my mac then on my XP laptop :D

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

SuperDuper is the way to go if you have an external HD to which you can back up.

http://www.shirt-pocket.com/SuperDuper/

Although... how do you get a "HDD with legit tiger preinstalled"? What kind of mumbo jumbo is that?

BTW, SVTguy, are you a Fordie? I worked chassis engineering for my first job out of college. :)

3. OrangeSVTguy thread starter macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

thanks for the reply. and yes i am a fordie :D my orange svt is a 2004 svt focus. i bought the HDD with a fresh copy of the OS already installed. i was just wondering if there was a utility to back it up to a cd or dvd like i did on my vaio laptop which i had to as they come preloaded without any restore disks, you have to burn your own.

4. fredd500 macrumors newbie

Do you mean you brought a new mac with Tiger pre-installed? Or just a Hard Disk in which case you have probably bought an illegal copy of the software and if you paid a premium for it, youve been ripped off.

If you mean a new Mac, you should have had the resore disks with it - I bought a new Mac Pro a couple of months ago and the disks were in the top of the box.