Backing up Time Machine?

crazycat

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2005
I am a backup freak, i never lost any important data because i backup all the time. I just upgraded to Leopard and i am using a 1TB WD hard drive, since hard drives do fail all the time how can i backup my backup?

There is a folder named "Backups.backupdb", should i just drag that onto another hard drive and be done?

Thanks in advance.

speakerwizard

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2006
London
seems quite unlikely 2 HD would go at the same time, if anything, 1 back up and an offsite backup would be better, in case of say a fire or robbery etc.

crazycat

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2005
seems quite unlikely 2 HD would go at the same time, if anything, 1 back up and an offsite backup would be better, in case of say a fire or robbery etc.
Very true, i will backup the time machine backup every few days offsite but i would like to know if i just should drag that one file or are there more files i should backup to get an up to date time machine backup.

chris.niziolek

macrumors member
Nov 23, 2006
Chicago, IL USA
One other way that you could try it, is if you are a .mac member, download the backup application, and set it to backup the dbbackup file. I have not tried it, but give that a try.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.