Backing up Time Machine?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by crazycat, Oct 28, 2007.

1. crazycat macrumors 65816

crazycat

I am a backup freak, i never lost any important data because i backup all the time. I just upgraded to Leopard and i am using a 1TB WD hard drive, since hard drives do fail all the time how can i backup my backup?

There is a folder named "Backups.backupdb", should i just drag that onto another hard drive and be done?

Thanks in advance.

2. eenu macrumors 65816

eenu

Yes. But do it between hourly backups

3. crazycat thread starter macrumors 65816

crazycat

How do i know when that is?

4. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

seems quite unlikely 2 HD would go at the same time, if anything, 1 back up and an offsite backup would be better, in case of say a fire or robbery etc.

5. papplegate macrumors member

Click on the time machine in system preferences. It will tell you the time of the last backup and when the next one will take place.

6. crazycat thread starter macrumors 65816

crazycat

Very true, i will backup the time machine backup every few days offsite but i would like to know if i just should drag that one file or are there more files i should backup to get an up to date time machine backup.

7. chris.niziolek macrumors member

One other way that you could try it, is if you are a .mac member, download the backup application, and set it to backup the dbbackup file. I have not tried it, but give that a try.