backing up using Superduper!

downingp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2006
After reading on this forum, I went ahead and got the superduper program for my backup. I want to be able to back up to my external hard drive. The external hard drive is also where I keep all of my music. I don't want to backup the entire Macintosh HD, all I want to back up is my "Home" folder (picture, movies, documents, etc.).
I read on the superduper website that I don't want to use the "erase and copy" or the "smart update" because that will delete my external hard drive (my music) and make a clone of my Macintosh HD. I see there is an option to copy just "user files". When it says "user files" would that mean the same as my "home" folder?
Also, what would be the best setup, "copy different files" or "copy newer files" option?

thanks for all your help.

downingp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2006
I have other folders inside my "home" folder I want to be able to backup too other than the usual music, movies, documents, etc.

downingp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2006
I haven't downloaded the program. I will give it a shot.

thanks.

downingp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2006
That seemed to do what I wanted it to. Is there a way to setup a scheduler with ibackup?

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
That seemed to do what I wanted it to. Is there a way to setup a scheduler with ibackup?
Check under the Preferences.

Note: There are two sets.
1. Application
2. Backup

The little gear in the main window at the bottom should be what you want.

downingp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2006
there are no hidden options that will delete my external hard drive first before it backs up right? I can't afford to lose my music