backing up voicemail

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by autumnsong, Oct 12, 2008.

1. autumnsong macrumors member

autumnsong

Does anyone know if there is a way to back up voice mails? AT&T deletes voice mails after a month. I have a couple that I would love to be able to save somehow. I use syphone for SMS. Is there anything similar? Thanks.

2. greggov macrumors member

I'm not sure if there is a program that does it, but I have my own workaround.

I bought Audio Hijack Pro (on the mac) and use it to record the line-in input. I use a 3.5mm to 3.5mm audio cable (one in the headphone jack on the iphone, the other end in the line in). Then I name the file with the persons name and date, hit record in AHP and then tap play on the voicemail. And voila! voicemail on the computer.

It's not ideal, but it works, and now I have important voicemail's saved. I too would like a native way to export voicemails, or at least import them into itunes or something.

3. autumnsong thread starter macrumors member

autumnsong

one way

I read a way of doing a work around on another forum. You record it through Garage Band. I just recorded the voicemails as audio tracks and then imported them to itunes. Not idea, but free. Yes, a native option would be great. But at least this works for now. :rolleyes: