Backing up with data doubler

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zyr123, Jul 25, 2013.

1. zyr123 macrumors 6502

I just moved photo music and downloads and documents over to data doubler manually. How does backing up work now? This is extremely important because I'm taking a gap year in israel in a few weeks.

Thanks

2. pnyc macrumors 6502

You're going to have to be a lot more specific. For starters what kind of backup are you talking about?

3. zyr123 thread starter macrumors 6502

How does time machine back up work when you have a data doubler installer?

4. niteflyr macrumors 6502a

5. Yahooligan macrumors 6502a

Yahooligan

Assuming the 2nd HDD isn't used for Time Machine backups. :D Basically, if you use the Time Machine disk to store anything other than Time Machine backups then that data will not be backed up (Nor should it be backed up, doesn't make sense to back up data on the backup drive to the backup drive)

Not saying the OP is doing this, I just wanted to make sure folks have a clear understanding of what to expect with devices used for Time Machine.

6. zyr123 thread starter macrumors 6502

I backed up with time machine. It only backed up the ssd not the storage drive.

7. niteflyr macrumors 6502a

As stated above, if you are using your 2nd (storage) drive for your time machine backups, it will not back up your storage drive. If you are using an external (3rd) drive, it should backup both.

8. zyr123 thread starter macrumors 6502

Confirmed. It backed up both drives thanks for the help.
    :)