Backlight Bleed on 15" MBPs

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Optimus Primes, Aug 8, 2010.

?

Do you have backlight bleeding with a black background at full brightness?

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. No

21 vote(s)
    70.0%
  1. Optimus Primes macrumors member

Aloha!

I just noticed today that on my 15" MBP 2010 there is a backlight bleeding at the bottom of my screen.

I found a picture similar to mine http://i690.photobucket.com/albums/vv262/osc808/mbpblbld.jpg

Mine is probably lesser than that and I dont really notice it until its on full brightness and in a dark room.

Is that normal? Should I bother getting it fixed? Do you guys have it?

2. wschutz macrumors 6502

All TN panels have backlight bleeding, all brands suffer from this, up to some degree.

You cannot fix a technology's disadvantage. If you're within exchange period, you can ask for a replacement until you find one that suits you; but be advised that all laptops you get will have this problem (some more noticeable and some less...)
    Thank Apple for using the cheapest of the cheapest ;) TN panels (because there are decent TN panels used on desktop monitors whose bleeding is minimal) instead of the IPS panels currently used on iPad (and also used in many dektop monitors as well... though a bit more expensive)

3. SmackP macrumors member

You are talking nonsense and rubbish.

I have a MBP 13.3 and it doesn't have backlight bleed at all 9CC2.

Unbelievable...

4. Optimus Primes thread starter macrumors member

This doesnt concern 13". 13" bleed is more like a bright border not the stagelight as seen above.

5. Optimus Primes thread starter macrumors member

Bumpity bump!

This is at FULL brightness in a DARK ROOM! :)

6. Gonzo3333 macrumors 6502a

Gonzo3333

Yea, mine does that too. I don't usually have it up to full brightness. It is less noticable if what you are working on is not completely black or very dark. I was thinking of taking mine to the Apple Store to have it looked at but decided against it. It probably would have taken over a week for it to get replaced. I just deal with it.

7. TheBritishBloke macrumors 68030

TheBritishBloke

Mine does it.. I called and asked apple tier 2 technical support, apparently it's normal :s

8. Yimbie macrumors member

Blacklight bleed is normal. You're not going to get extremely dark blacks on this. I don't have the intensified light coming from the bottom though. It's just evened out.

9. Optimus Primes thread starter macrumors member

10. Optimus Primes thread starter macrumors member

Bump! Lets see if anyone else has something else to contribute.

11. Optimus Primes thread starter macrumors member

Are people voting 'No' actually checking it in the Dark at full brightness on a dark screen?