Backlight Bleed on 15" MBPs

Do you have backlight bleeding with a black background at full brightness?

• Yes

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 70.0%

• Total voters

wschutz

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2007
All TN panels have backlight bleeding, all brands suffer from this, up to some degree.

You cannot fix a technology's disadvantage. If you're within exchange period, you can ask for a replacement until you find one that suits you; but be advised that all laptops you get will have this problem (some more noticeable and some less...)
Thank Apple for using the cheapest of the cheapest ;) TN panels (because there are decent TN panels used on desktop monitors whose bleeding is minimal) instead of the IPS panels currently used on iPad (and also used in many dektop monitors as well... though a bit more expensive)

SmackP

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2010
All TN panels have backlight bleeding, all brands suffer from this, up to some degree.

You cannot fix a technology's disadvantage. If you're within exchange period, you can ask for a replacement until you find one that suits you; but be advised that all laptops you get will have this problem (some more noticeable and some less...)
Thank Apple for using the cheapest of the cheapest ;) TN panels (because there are decent TN panels used on desktop monitors whose bleeding is minimal) instead of the IPS panels currently used on iPad (and also used in many dektop monitors as well... though a bit more expensive)
You are talking nonsense and rubbish.

I have a MBP 13.3 and it doesn't have backlight bleed at all 9CC2.

Unbelievable...

Optimus Primes

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 6, 2010
You are talking nonsense and rubbish.

I have a MBP 13.3 and it doesn't have backlight bleed at all 9CC2.

Unbelievable...
This doesnt concern 13". 13" bleed is more like a bright border not the stagelight as seen above.

Gonzo3333

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2009
Chicago, IL
Yea, mine does that too. I don't usually have it up to full brightness. It is less noticable if what you are working on is not completely black or very dark. I was thinking of taking mine to the Apple Store to have it looked at but decided against it. It probably would have taken over a week for it to get replaced. I just deal with it.

Yimbie

macrumors member
Aug 3, 2010
Blacklight bleed is normal. You're not going to get extremely dark blacks on this. I don't have the intensified light coming from the bottom though. It's just evened out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.