Backlight bleed...sorry but can y'all confirm?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by btownguy, Apr 29, 2011.

1. btownguy macrumors 6502

Got iPad 2 today and shock it has the backlight bleed issue. Is my understanding correct that I can take it in for a replacement any time within year? Will I get a refurb or a new unit?

2. Legion93 macrumors 6502a

Legion93

Yes, you can get a replacement and it will be brand new unit, but in a brown box, not retail.

3. Juanbond macrumors member

Juanbond

Bleed

I ordered an iPad 2 for both myself and my wife. Hers is the 16GB white WIFI only and mine is the 64GB Black WIFI only. The screen on hers has very little light bleed but mine has quite a bit as you can see in the attached picture.

I bought the Apple Care with both iPads and I think at this point I am going to wait to take it back. I waited over three weeks for the iPad to arrive (it was delayed due to weather on the east coast) and I would like to wait until supplies are more substantial. Besides I have read that people are having the same problem with their replacements.

I will be interested to see what others are doing.

Attached Files:

4. Legion93 macrumors 6502a

Legion93

Supplies in demand has nothing to do with replacement units being in stock. Replacement iPads are mostly in stock and cannot be sold onto customers, only kept for replacement purposes. So even if an Apple retail store says we don't have iPads in stock, they may have replacement ones as these are kept separate and given in brown boxes, not retail sealed ones but the condition is brand new, just like the one you would receive out of a sealed box. The idea of a brown box is just the iPad itself because you don't want to replace the charger/manuals etc. so why would anyone want a sealed box?

I see your iPad is very awful in terms of light leak - get this replaced until you're left with and iPad that your satisfied with. I'm on my third one and this has the fewest light leak out of the other two.

5. roketjack macrumors newbie

roketjack

Chances are you will still have the same problem with the replacement, to be honest, I took mine back, and got the money back. Apple need to tighten up their game when it comes to things like this.

We got fed bull about the iPhone 4's problem (It is a problem, no one can deny it) and it is unlikely they can do anything about this without a recall, which they wont do because now a days apple is just getting greedy.