BackLight Bleed test for rMBP users.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BlazednSleepy, Aug 3, 2012.

1. BlazednSleepy macrumors 6502a

Give this a shot and let us know what you see. Make sure you're in a dark room with brightness set to max. Full screen the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WexJRnud32U

Let us know your screen manufacturer as well.

2. BlazednSleepy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Bumping this. I'm curious if this is a wide spread problem for LG panels.

3. angelus512 macrumors member

Could you tell me what I'm supposed to be looking for/noticing?

----------

Did a quick search myself. Yeah I know what you mean by backlight bleeding now.

I have an LG panel. Im in my room totally dark. brightness max. Keyboard lights off as well just to be sure.

Hand over apple symbol at back.

I tried it 2-3 times and at first I thought there might have been some bleed bottom right corner but as I shifted my head back and forth I think honestly I'm jumping at ghosts. Screen seemed pretty uniform to me.

4. zalo macrumors newbie

LG screen, nothing overly noticeable. 1/4 inch of green on left edge and small burst of red on top right corner. Took almost the entire time of the video to notice. Completely acceptable.

5. dmccloud macrumors 6502a

dmccloud

6. Textureboy macrumors 6502

Textureboy

Other then a Black screen does the bleeding affect normal usage?

7. ljx718 macrumors 6502

do you really have to go looking for a problem? if you didnt notice it while in real world use, why make your self miserable finding something

8. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

I agree with you in that if it's not noticeable that there may be something wrong under normal working conditions, there is no real problem. Minor backlight bleed isn't that big of a deal. It's predominantly annoying if it's bad (and you will notice signs prior to testing) or if the luminance falls off significantly when tracking away from the center. Then you'd have dark into light increasing the contrast and pulling your eyes toward the edges of the display. That is irritating. It's similar to how photographers often don't want corners to be too bright. It's annoying if your eyes are pulled away from what you're viewing.

Anyway all displays have some variation in uniformity, so it really does come down to what is noticeable. If you're working on photos or illustrations, uniformity can become a greater concern

9. DcoalStrat macrumors member

If you are spending $3000 why not find the almost flawless display...before your waranty is up.

10. ljx718 macrumors 6502

nothing is perfect, you will always find something. "$3000" ( mine was 2131 with tax) doesnt give you a computer with no problems 100% of the time. No amount of money does. There will always be problems, so using the excuse that it was $3000 means nothing.

Also, theres problems and then theres PROBLEMS. An issue that you have to actively look for in certain conditions, doesnt exsist. I guess what im trying to say, is just to enjoy your machine and stop looking for problems becuase you will find them

11. DcoalStrat macrumors member

I said "almost" it means good enough.

12. terraphantm macrumors 68040

I think what people are thinking is backlight bleeding is actually the green/red hues that A-TW polarizers give. On the flip side, they almost completely eliminate the IPS glow

Read this post for more details.

And this is what NEC says about A-TW films

13. JustineSophia macrumors newbie

This shows on mine. My eyes see a little splash of red on the top left corner. My camera sees some green on the left side along with the red on the top right (dk how). I seriously don't see any green with my eyes. Well, I'm not worried about it. I've never even noticed it until I did the test.

(LG panel)

Attached Files: