iPad mini Backlight bleed when screen pressed

Discussion in 'iPad' started by chillip, Mar 16, 2013.

1. chillip macrumors 6502

I was quite surprised how much the mini screen flexes and i know this is normal. What I did notice is that when you press the glass to the left or right of the home button. Not actually on the screen but just below it. This causes the backlight to get pushed into the screen area and it goes again when you release pressure. I tried this at the top and it doesnt flex no where near as much. Is this a defect? Thanks

2. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

No its not a defect. Anytime you press the screen on a flat panel device it will do that.

3. chillip thread starter macrumors 6502

I understand that but where I am pressing is off the screen. The area around the home button which is off the actual screen but still on the glass.

4. vmaniqui macrumors 6502a

vmaniqui

yes. it will do that since the glass doesn't flex at all. glass is like a one piece solid block. but if you're worried and still within the 14 day return period, you can totally exchange it for a new one.

5. thegreati macrumors regular

This.

6. Medic311 macrumors 68000

Medic311

my iPad Mini screen flexed a lot and typing on it made it sound like i was tapping on the side of an empty hollow Solo plastic cup. i don't know why they didn't fuse the glass to the LCD screen itself like they do on the iPhone. on my iPhone there is no flexing - the glass is secured very well. on my iPad 3 - very very minimal flex, the glass is secured on tight as well

my iPad Mini - the way the glass was secured was completely inadequate. that plus several other reasons i decided to return the iPad Mini ( light bleed being one of them - see pic below). Apple told me this is normal... then i promptly told them to give me my money back. initially they pushed back asking me to make an appointment with a genius to diagnose the problem LOL. what a joke

Attached Files: