Backlight Bleed?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by davisac, Jun 17, 2009.

1. davisac macrumors member

From searching the forums on here it seems to me that this is what is called backlight bleed correct? Is this covered under warranty? It only happens sporadically but I took some pictures as you can see in case I have to bring it in to be looked at. Thank you for your time.

Attached Files:

2. MADMAXX macrumors member

Yes it is. Im on my 3rd blackbook screen and its done it again. I was always told apple had excellent screens. Well I have 3 macbooks and a powerbook and 2 cinema displays and I would never have called any of them excellent. Bags of ***** more like.

3. blackhand1001 macrumors 68030

blackhand1001

Wow, I'd call them immediately. Thats terrible and not only defective, but that would drive me insane.

4. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

I know. I have not had any problems with my baby, but then listening to all of these other people's problems makes me wonder whether or not mine will suddenly suffer from an unknown problem... I bought all of this protective crap for it. :D I sleep with it next to me.

5. davisac thread starter macrumors member

Also on the left side if I have a totally black image there are some lighter areas. So will Apple consider this a real problem? Especially if the bottom isn't always bleeding like in my pictures?