Backlight Bleeding 17" high res

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dunezilla, Apr 1, 2008.

1. dunezilla macrumors newbie

Just wondering if anyone else has been experiencing backlight bleeding on their 17" MBP Penryn? It isn't that noticeable unless I have a black/dark background. Its on all four sides of the screen, the left and right are low whitish and the top and bottom are blue tinged.

Theres also a diagonal stripe from the top right hand corner down to the bottom close to the middle of the keyboard.. as seen in picture.

No yellowing, but its kind of annoying seeing it while watching movies.

Its the samsung 9C79.

Attached Files:

2. Adam921 macrumors newbie

That actually looks pretty bad. I have a 9C79 with maybe 1/8 of an inch of leakage on both sides, and maybe 1/4 of an inch of yellow at the bottom, but yours looks pretty significant. I'd consider taking it back.

3. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

Question....

How do you get backlight leakage from an TFT with LED backlight?
    Ain't all the LED's placed at the bottom of the TFT display?

4. xpovos macrumors 6502a

xpovos

I think a little bleed is unavoidable, but based on the photo I would say it's one of the worst cases I've seen. Definitely not the norm, and IMO definitely not acceptable.

5. liquidsense macrumors member

Not sure if this is going to be helpful, but I've noticed some interesting things about this bleeding issue. (Mine looks almost as bad, but only in certain circumstances).

When I'm loading XP through bootcamp, and I temporarily see a black screen (is the XP symbol in there? I can't remember), the bleeding is absolutely terrible. Looks just like your picture. But, when I have a black wallpaper in either Windows or OSX, it is jet black with absolutely zero bleeding.

It really makes no sense to me. How could it bleed only in certain circumstances. I do not know. And I assure you that when I load XP, it bleeds like yours does on the edges. But when I have a jet black wallpaper, it is deep inky black without any bleeding.