Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

klover

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2009
Owned a launch iPad that I recently gave to my parents. It had a great screen (no dead pixels or backlight bleed, great uniformity, etc.).

The night before I gave it to my parents, I watched some videos and the corners of the screen were nice and black.

The next morning, I was putting a new case on the iPad and, in doing so, could tell that I was very slightly twisting it (to get it under the corners of the case). It was on at the time and the display was the main, black page of the Photo app. As soon as it was twisted a bit, I could see large yellow/grey backlight bleeding started appearing at the corners.

Since then, the bleeding hasn't gone away (my parents could care less when I showed them) and applying just the slightest bit of twisting/pressure made quite an impact on the display.

Anyway, just a word of warning. Not that anyone needed to be told not to twist a metal and glass device...

sempire

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2010
commonsense.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.