Backlight bleeding MBP 15" AG 2012

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by weemanpow3, Jul 15, 2012.

1. weemanpow3 macrumors 6502

weemanpow3

[​IMG]
    Best picture I could take, but you can notice the light bleed on the left and bottom of the screen.

I took seven days to get it and the first thing I noticed was the backlight bleeding. I got the 2012 15" 2.6ghz High Res antiglare model. Since it had the antiglare, I had to order it online. I also have a 2011 high res antiglare MPB that I sold to my bro and it looks perfect compared to this new one. I called Apple for an exchange and they emailed me a return label for it and told me to re-buy the same computer online.

I don't know if I should take a chance and re-buy another AG or just get a glossy one instead.

It would be nice to walk into an Apple store and purchase a highres model.

I'm a web designer so i'm little more picky on display quality than the average user.

2. Adidas Addict macrumors 65816

Adidas Addict

It sucks, I think the AG makes it look worse too.

3. MacBird macrumors 6502

I don't remember seeing backlight bleeding that bad in a while. Why would it be related to the AG screen, though?

4. Finchfan87 macrumors newbie

I have the same issue

I have the same mac, specs and all. just got it in the mail 4 days ago. would you consider my mac acceptable backlight bleeding? i dont want to risk getting something worse. and since i had to order it via apple.com I have to wait another 7 days + what do you guys think?

Attached Files:

5. fiveainone macrumors 6502a

Yeah I dunno why anti glare would be a factor? Does it enhance it? If it does, it would be uniform no? Issue seems to be the display itself.. that's a really bad case of bleeding imo.