Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

emraha06

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 1, 2017
Does anyone have backlight bleeding issue on 2019 mbp model changing from minimum bleeding spots to worst large bleeding areas?

Cancelled
Apr 11, 2018
No. Zero bleeding with my MBP 2019 13", so I guess I was lucky even once in the display lottery. :)

emraha06

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 1, 2017
No. Zero bleeding with my MBP 2019 13", so I guess I was lucky even once in the display lottery. :)
Could you please upload a picture taken in fully dark room with full screen black background. I would be very happy. Thanks

Cancelled
Apr 11, 2018
I guess I could take a photo some night if I got time for that. But I can assure you there is nothing to see in that photo as there is absolutely no backlight bleeding (which I was pretty amazed myself as I rarely have any luck in the display lottery), so I know what I'm talking about. I'm one of those rare peoples who see some fault in every display and every time I get a new stuff that has display (no matter what), I spend several hours watching all kinds of test patterns in a fully dark room with various different setting (and if I don't see any problem at first, I keep looking until I find something:)). I can assure that even my MBP screen is not completely fault free in my opinion, but it has no BLB at all.

emraha06

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 1, 2017
I guess I could take a photo some night if I got time for that. But I can assure you there is nothing to see in that photo as there is absolutely no backlight bleeding (which I was pretty amazed myself as I rarely have any luck in the display lottery), so I know what I'm talking about. I'm one of those rare peoples who see some fault in every display and every time I get a new stuff that has display (no matter what), I spend several hours watching all kinds of test patterns in a fully dark room with various different setting (and if I don't see any problem at first, I keep looking until I find something:)). I can assure that even my MBP screen is not completely fault free in my opinion, but it has no BLB at all.
I would be very happy if you upload a sample of your panel

Cancelled
Apr 11, 2018
I would be very happy if you upload a sample of your panel
Happy now?
That is taken in fully dark room with screen displaying full black image and screen brightness full -5 clicks (it does not matter even if max brightness it is the same). The bright dot on the lower right corner is just mouse pointer!

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    266.4 KB · Views: 165

sat24

macrumors regular
Sep 2, 2019
Does this really matter, except for a theoretical test? My 2014 MBP screen looks just like yours and it doesnt even matter once there is content on the screen.

Cancelled
Apr 11, 2018
Does this really matter, except for a theoretical test? My 2014 MBP screen looks just like yours and it doesnt even matter once there is content on the screen.
Are you referring to my post and picture I posted? Because that was a sample of perfect panel! No wonder you are happy with yours if it looks the same. That screen has visually absolutely no BLB at all. Camera pics looks always different/worse but as seen in the screen shot, there is no backlight leak!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.