Backlight Bleeding Question

Discussion in 'iMac' started by dKran, Sep 13, 2009.

1. dKran macrumors member

Hey all.

So I contacted Apple this morning regarding the LCD Backlight Bleed on my iMac (24", early 2008, 2.8 ghz) They made me reset the PRAM, which I figured wouldn't work, and the issue is still there.

They say it'll have to go in for servicing, and I live nowhere near an Apple Store, so they gave me the location of the nearest London Drugs. Am I going to get the same quality of service as I would from an Apple Store? And what is the exact process that they use, do they just replace it with a new LCD?

Also, he said that it will be covered under Applecare unless it is ruled as accidental damage, he said that much of the time, the issue is caused by pressure on the back of the case, and that if that was the case, it wouldn't be covered.

I can't really see how this would cause it, and I haven't ever put any pressure or anything on the back, but i did buy the iMac used, what are the chances of this being ruled accidental damage?

I have the bleed in all four corners of the screen, if that makes any difference.

Thanks for the help.

2. moondad macrumors member

I have noticeable bleed in all four corners, and a yellow to blue colour gradient across the screen as well on my June 2008 model. Since this was the 3rd swap (i.e. 4th machine) at the time, I just gave in and decided I would try and ignore it. It's still bothering me though, and it seems as though there are far fewer posts on this subject nowadays, so I'm considering cashing in my Applecare to see if it can finally be fixed.

Best of luck with yours - please let us know how you get on!

3. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

It should be covered by Apple Care if you didn't break it by putting pressure on the back of the screen. You should try cashing in on AppleCare :D

Good luck!