Backlight bleeding twice

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by adrianeitor92, Mar 28, 2011.

1. adrianeitor92 macrumors newbie

I bought the iPad 2 on launching day in Spain. I was the third in line

My iPad came with backlight bleeding, so today I Have gone to the Apple store that is 1 hour from my house and they changed my iPad with a new one
    The new one has backlight bleeding and a DEAD PIXEL!!

This is worst!

The iPad they gave me was the last one and they said to me that I have to wait and call them the next week.

I'm very angry!

Look the photo, is unbelievable.

http://i52.tinypic.com/2w1sklt.jpg

PD: Sorry for my English, I'm Spanish

2. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

^^^ stinks. Hopefully your replacement will be better.

Just out of curiousity, why are people so stuck on backlight bleed? I ask this because most LCD's have it. Look at your televisions and such, they more than likely bleed light. take a gander at your computer monitor, more than likely it bleeds light. As a matter of fact, you probably wouldnt give a rats behind about it if you weren't on here all the time reading what others are saying about it. just my .02

I'm sure i'll receive hate for the above, but it's just not that big of a deal.

It's an electronic device, it wont be 100% perfect.

3. jmattaxel macrumors newbie

Totally agree with you.All my TV,monitor had some degree of backlight bleed,so i can live with it.But dead pixel or stuck is unacceptable

4. sandylp macrumors regular

sandylp

I wouldn't mind a slight backlight bleed if it didn't interfere with viewing movies, etc., but I've checked my 2 mbps (13 and 15 inch), iPhones, iPods, 27" monitor and both of my tvs and none have it.

5. luked14 macrumors 6502

I completely agree. The light bleed is only noticeable in complete darkness with the brightness turned up really high. Even then it doesn't interfere with anything. I'd rather have this great LG screen than the yellower replacement I'd most likely receive.