Backlight Bleeding!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bishoy, Oct 6, 2007.

1. bishoy macrumors newbie

Hey there,

I just got an iPod touch (lot 38), and it's great! Only problem is, there's a very tiny bit of backlight bleeding in the top left corner. I've looked at some pictures of some other peoples' touches and it seems they have more backlight bleeding than I do. Is a bit of backlight bleeding normal? Should I return my touch for a new one?

Thankfully, I have no dead pixels or that dreaded negative effect. Let me know what you guys think I should do.

EDIT: Also, the backlight bleeding is only noticable on black images. It's about a quarter inch in the top left, it looks back instead of gray.

2. nlivo macrumors 6502a

3. bishoy thread starter macrumors newbie

If you dont know you probably dont want to. It has to do with even light distribution.

4. virus1 macrumors 65816

virus1

Well I want to. Have any pictures?

5. bishoy thread starter macrumors newbie

I dont have a camera but there are a bunch of images of backlight bleeding on google

6. ebel3003 macrumors 6502a

ebel3003

Ive noticed a little bit of bleeding, but it's pretty even over the entire screen. It isn't really anything that bothers me, though.

7. bishoy thread starter macrumors newbie

Can you post a pic? With a black background preferably.

8. ebel3003 macrumors 6502a

ebel3003

Sure, give me a little bit and I'll have one up.

9. bishoy thread starter macrumors newbie

10. ebel3003 macrumors 6502a

ebel3003

Alright here's a shot of my screen with a black image in the photo viewer.

Sorry about the quality and the brightness of the black, my camera picks up all sorts of weird stuff and wouldn't focus on the second one. It's really much less bright and more distributed when actually looking at the device.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. bishoy thread starter macrumors newbie

It's a bit difficult for me to discern where there is backlight bleeding there. I can see a little something in the bottom left, but it seems the camera you took the image with isn't clear enough. When you are physically looking at it, do you notice any more brightness around the corners of the black image than you do at the center of the screen?

12. ebel3003 macrumors 6502a

ebel3003

Looking at it directly, its pretty faint around the top and bottom edges, but it's really hard to tell because black seems to reflect the backlight against the glass a little bit and if you look at it from any other angle it changes a bit.

13. bishoy thread starter macrumors newbie

Mine is pretty faint too, and it isn't noticeable unless you point it out. But for some reason (I'm a perfectionist sometimes) it's driving me nuts. I can't not see it after I've seen it, if you know what i mean.