Backlight problems

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Zircom, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Zircom macrumors newbie

I'm experiencing what I think is a reasonably unique problem with my backlight. See, the backlight works right after I wake it up, but then after about half a second and leaves me with an unusably dark screen, unless I feel like shining my lamp directly on it and dealing with the glare.

Additional details: The phone is a 3GS, the OS is 4.x.x, can't remember off the top of my head, and I'd just changed the LCD and touchscreen out, but I've done it multiple times and never had problems. I took it apart again and rechecked the connections and everything, but it still did the same thing when I put it all back together.

2. toiday macrumors regular

Wow! Replacing LCD and touchscreen multiple times? Would you consider using an Otter box? Perhaps you have replace the screen one too many times.

3. FiXPOD macrumors newbie

Its most likely a faulty part, assuming you picked it up off ebay a lot of those parts can be pretty dodgy.

4. E4tH macrumors newbie

It could possibly be that the 6r8 coil on the logic board is damaged, but I would recommend testing the phone with a different LCD screen first. Maybe your new LCD screen was faulty.