Backlight turns on when I change tracks through car stereo

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by seinman, Dec 1, 2012.

1. seinman macrumors regular

I have an iPhone 4S, running 5.1.1 jailbroken. I recently bought a car stereo with a USB input which will also control the music app. Every time I use the stereo to skip tracks, the iPhone screen lights up for a few seconds. It is driving me crazy, especially at night. The stereo shows the track name so I have absolutely no need for the phone to light up every time. Does anyone know of a way to disable this?? I do jailbreak so if there's something in cydia that would help I am open to that.

2. seinman thread starter macrumors regular

I apologize for the bump, but i'm REALLY hoping that someone knows a way to fix this. I would assume that there's no "official" way, but perhaps there's a Cydia app that can control/disable this behavior?

I'm going nuts here. I keep my iPhone in a mount in my car, and when i'm driving at night, the screen turns on (at a very bright level, no less, as the ambient light sensor doesn't seem to activate until you unlock it) every single time I change a song. It's bright and shining basically directly into my line of vision. Whoever decided that this should be the default behavior is a moron. :(