Backlight Type??

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Adept360, Jan 13, 2010.

  1. Adept360 macrumors newbie

    Jan 13, 2010
    I have a 13.3" White Macbook with a 1280 x 800 TFT widescreen display that bit the dust. I'm trying to replace the screen by purchasing one off ebay. Yet, the posting says I need to make sure my SIZE, RESOLUTION and "BACKLIGHT TYPE" are the same as the one I have...

    Where in the holy heck of answers does it tell me what the heck my backlight type is? Am I a friggen moron? I searched youtube, google, bing, Apple...

    Please help. All I wanna do is replace the screen, but I don't wanna get shafted by purchasing the wrong display off ebay...

  2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040


    Sep 28, 2008
    The two backlight types are CCFL (Cold cathode fluorescent lamp) and LED (light emitting diode). If your computer is not a unibody MacBook, it's CCFL.
  3. Adept360 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Jan 13, 2010
    Thank you. It's so frustrating trying to to find an answer to a simple fix and all your results come back as mods.

    I appreciate it. Thank you.
  4. l.a.rossmann macrumors 65816


    May 15, 2009

Share This Page