Backlight while docked and listening to music

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by theodd, Jul 3, 2007.

1. theodd macrumors newbie

Hi guys....posting from the iPhone. So awesome. Anyway, is there a way to force the backlight to be on while the iPhone is docked and playing music? I want to see the pretty artwork but it keeps dimming. Apologies if I missed something stupid.

Thanks!

2. finiteyoda macrumors member

I don't think so... maybe try disabling automatic locking? The old iPod's you couldn't keep the backlight on either while docked...

3. theodd thread starter macrumors newbie

Sure you could. With my old, ancient, 80 GB iPod with video of yesteryear I could just go in and change the settings of the backlight timer and and it would always stay on. That way I could see what album was playing from across the room.

I don't think there is a way to do that on the iPhone. I have been looking all day. Unless it's so obvious that I have just missed it I don't think it's there.

Thanks!

4. Slyce2k macrumors newbie

goto Settings, then General, then Auto-Lock and change that to Never....but remember to change this setting when you're on the go.....it'll waste your battery.....good luck

5. unity macrumors 6502a

True, unless you just manually lock the screen which I am already in the habit of doing anyway.

6. theodd thread starter macrumors newbie