Backlit Keyboard acting real wonky on 2012 rMBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Sean76, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Sean76 macrumors 6502

Sean76

Just got my 2012 rMBP on Sunday and noticed something this morning, the backlit keyboard only lites up sometimes?

I have all the settings where they should be, and this problem exists with both auto on and off? Did 2 resets over the phone with Apple, but that only seemed to work for about a half hour or so.

It goes out after the computer is on for about 20 min, and will work again after the lid is shut and then opened again? But putting my hand over the sensor does nothing to bring the lite on once it goes out? I'd really rather not have to exchange this one as everything else is great including the screen and speakers.

I was thinking maybe some setting in Parallels was causing it, but cant find any settings that would cause this....Any input would be great.

2. johnnnw macrumors 65816

johnnnw

This may be obvious, but have you pressed the buttons to adjust the brightness? I know some people don't even know they exist haha.

3. uhslax24 macrumors 6502

uhslax24

Have you tried covering the camera? I've found mine acts funny if I have a window behind me or there is light going directly into the camera (where the sensor is)

4. Sean76 thread starter macrumors 6502

Sean76

Thanks for the replies guys, yup I tried all of that! It wound up being a hardware problem and since it was so new J & R Music World just exchanged it for a brand new one.