Backlit keyboard and extended battery for iPad Pro?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Yr Blues, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Yr Blues macrumors 68020

The new Amazon Kindle has an induction battery in the case to extend battery life. Would be cool to have that in the Touch Cover for maybe 5 extra hours.

Also backlight please. I can't do non-lit keyboards anymore, thanks to my MacBooks.

2. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Logitech released a back lit keyboard for the iPad Pro. Reference front page on Macrumors.

3. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

Same here I need a backlit keyboard but Zagg made one for the 9.7 Pro but It does not use the Smart Connector

Why can't someone just make a Backlit Keyboard with Smart connector support and a built in extended Lithium battery. That's easily worth $99.99

Now some would argue who need back light when you can a giant bright display. But the lighted keys look so much better

4. 617aircav Suspended

iPad Pro needs a surface type cover keyboard. Apple should have built a kickstand into the iPad Pro. As it is using the Apple keyboard cover you have only one viewing angle.

5. RevTEG macrumors 6502

RevTEG

I agree with you and I can also assure you that the giant 12.9 iPad Pro screen does not light the Smart Keyboard up enough to see in the dark. I travel internationally a lot. Night flights make it very difficult for me to type with my Smart Keyboard. I'm not the best typist but the angle of the iPad Pro doesn't provide light for the keyboard. I would love backlit keys. I used my phone for light a few times.

6. sparksd macrumors 65816

Have to agree on the backlit keys. My Belkin QODE Ultimate Pro Keyboard case for my Air 2 has backlit keys as does my XPS 13 laptop. When the wife and I are traveling, I get up real early while she sleeps in and I leave the hotel room dark while I use my devices and without the backlighting I can't type worth a darn. As for the battery - the keyboard case for my Asus TF700 tablet has a secondary battery in it and it works great and is real handy for longer usage unplugged.

7. Yr Blues thread starter macrumors 68020

Why can't Apple give us what we obviously need/want? Tim Cook needs to stop meddling in politics and start innovating.

8. BurgDog, Aug 2, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2016

BurgDog macrumors regular

They are saving that feature for a future update. I returned mine because of lack of backlighting and expect the next version will have it.

Buying political favor is a better return on investment than spending money on innovation, thus the meddling.

9. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

Our prayers answered omg