Backlit Keyboard Delay

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Genocide, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Genocide macrumors member

Recently noticed that my backlit keyboard has a delay between my interaction with the keyboard and when the keyboard lights up. It takes at least one second for the keys to light up after I have pressed them, where as before it was instantaneous. The key presses are still registered even though the light is not on.

Unsure if this is a bug in 10.6.8 or if it is something specific to my mac. Post comments if you are experiencing the same issue and/or if you know if a solution exists.

2. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

my keyboard backlight delays out of sleep since 10.6.8, it's probably related to the update.

3. Genocide thread starter macrumors member

By that you mean that when your computer comes out of sleep the backlight has a delay before turning on? This happens to me as well but do you notice a lag in the backlight when using the keyboard? And yes, I agree, it probably is to do with the new update.

4. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

yep when i open the lid it takes an extra 1 or 2 seconds to light up as opposed to instantly like it used to. not a huge deal, just something i noticed.

5. Genocide thread starter macrumors member

Yea I don't mind it either, but i do mind the light not responding to keyboard input as I'm typing blind for a couple seconds.

6. Mercellios macrumors newbie

I've reproduced this issue on a 2010 MacBook Pro (15-inch), 2011 MacBook Pro (13-inch), and 2011 MacBook Pro (15-inch). All running 10.6.8.

7. dantelectro macrumors newbie

My MBP also does this. As far as i know 10.6.8 was released on June 23rd, and i don't remember seeing this lag earlier.
    It's kind of annoying in the dark.

If you believe apple really reads feedback, make sure you leave one at http://www.apple.com/feedback/

8. Mr_Brightside_@, Jul 25, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2011

Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

I've noticed this delay too, and just submitted feedback to Apple.

EDIT
    Was hoping the supplemental update would offer a fix. Not so much.

9. Ritmo macrumors member

Ritmo

Is this fixed now? Still running 10.6.7 because of this.

10. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

Not for me. I just installed Security Update 2011-005 in hopes of it helping, but it didn't. I'm also running Keyremap4macbook for what that's worth.