Backlit keyboard does not light up

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Seridoense, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Seridoense macrumors newbie

Guys, I have the following problem.

My MacBook Pro '13 mid-2009 is heating up too much, I decided to open and clean it. When disconnected all the cables from the logic board and tried to remove the logic board, the screws could not because the screws were difficult to unscrew. I reassembled the whole machine and I use but I noticed that the backlit keyboard does not sparking more and the fan is running and stopping. Most worrisome is the Cooler running and completely leaving all the Mac in danger of overheating.

Does anyone have any idea what happened? I tried resetting the SMC several times and not worked. I looked to see if he had any cable disconnected but all were correct. I have conviction that I damaged not physically.

:(:(:(:(

2. tylamb19 macrumors member

You may have damaged part of the SMC (fan issues) or your cables running to your keyboard (no KB backlight) when you tried to get the board out. Did you remove or bend the heatsink/cooler assembly when you took the board out?

Also, when you say that the fans are starting and stopping, is the fan actually completely stopped (0 RPM) or spinning slowly (2000 RPM)? To verify the fan RPM you can download SMCFanControl or Macs Fan Control. Both of these apps will show you the fan speeds and temperatures in your system.