Backlit keyboard not changing automatically

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by celticpride678, Jul 1, 2009.

1. celticpride678

On my Aluminum 2.4 GHz MacBook, the backlit keyboard does not adjust the brightness of the light automatically. Any ideas of why? Thanks.

2. guydude193 macrumors 6502a

System preferences> Energy Saver. I don't have the backlit keyboard, but you might be able to find a little checkbox there. Hope this helps!

3. celticpride678 thread starter Guest

celticpride678

Thanks for the help, but no, there is no option about that in energy saver:( Any more ideas?

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Huh? The keyboard adjusts the backlighting automatically? I thought that if the option was checked in the Keyboard/Mouse pref pane it would turn on if it got dark, but wouldn't make any adjustments to the brightness.

5. celticpride678 thread starter Guest

celticpride678

OK. I just got mistaken. But I have to turn it on when it gets dark and then turn it off when it gets light. Any more ideas?

6. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

It doesn't automatically change the brightness of the backlit keyboard...it just turns on or off based on the lighting condition. So in the dark, set the brightness manually to how bright you want it on average. When it gets lighter, then it will turn off, and when it gets dark again, it will turn on at the same brightness that you set it at.