Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

airjuggernaut

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 16, 2007
Hey,
I've been pondering lately, is there anyway to get the amazing backlit keyboard found on the Macbook Pro and Macbook Air onto the Macbook?

I've looked at some mod websites, and people have managed to change keys on the Macbook
http://www.applemacbook.com/mods/5-keyboard-mods-for-the-undecided-macbook-owner

If it isn't possible to get the whole cool backlit thing, would it be possible to get a bunch of lights under the keys and get an ambient sensor attached to them?

I know some of you have moded your Macbooks, and just want to know if its possible, and would it be worth it?

I would obviously do this after my Warrenty expires, so there wouldn't be the problem of voiding it.

Thanks.

goodtimes5

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2004
Bay Area
I know some of you have moded your Macbooks, and just want to know if its possible, and would it be worth it

No, unless your work environment is pitch dark and you have no sense of physical memory associated with typing. In addition, the link you posted only involves switching keys, not installing a whole light addition.

SuperCompu2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2006
MA
if you're really careful and had a blackbook, you could intricately paint glow in the dark paint over the existing letters. I was thinking of doing this with my TiBook at one point, but I ended up selling it soon after.

Worth a shot i suppose if you're looking for something unique. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.