Backlit keyboard pulsing!?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thegrandmaster, Feb 28, 2008.

1. thegrandmaster macrumors regular

thegrandmaster

Hey guys,

I'm having a really interesting problem with my MBP, in low light conditions my backlit keyboard is 'pulsing'. The lights keep coming on and going off quickly, an incredibly annoying and bothersome problem.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Richard

2. toxthexnines macrumors regular

toxthexnines

Could be something wrong with your light sensor.

Is your backlight turned all the way up? If not try turning it up all the way with F10 button.

3. thegrandmaster thread starter macrumors regular

thegrandmaster

When I try to increase the brightness, the symbol onscreen switches from the 'chart' of brightness, to the brightness thing being 'greyed out' with a small circle with a line through it, like one of the 'no smoking' signs, without the cigarette.

I had my MBP's topcase replaced at the Manchester Apple store last monday, is it possible the engineer there somehow broke my backlit keyboard/light sensor?

I'm guessing it must be some kind of hardware problem since the issue occurs in my Windows partition also.

Will Apple fix this? It is a problem that only surfaced since I had it repaired last week and the laptop is still within warranty.

I'm pretty upset about this, I gave my laptop in for repair and its come out broken and I have a big paper to write soon.

Has anyone had their keyboard replaced, how quickly was it done?

I really don't want to have to take it to the Apple store to get it repaired, anyone have any ideas?