Backlit keyboard

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by macmesser, Oct 18, 2013.

1. macmesser macrumors 6502a

Looking for a backlit Mac keyboard for my Mac Pro. Any suggestions appreciated.

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

I've been quite happy with the Logitech K810.

I use it with 3 Windows boxes, but they also make a Mac version as the K811.

It's a lot like an Apple Wireless keyboard, but backlit and the EasySwitch is great for my needs.

B

3. flowrider macrumors 601

flowrider

4. macmesser thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks. The K811 looks good.

----------

Thanks for reply. Don't think they still offer it as it wasn't on their web site. Their gaming keyboards can get pricey, though, and more than I need. Could you use your keyboard for a flight simulator? Probably specialized controls would be recommended but I'b be just dabbling.

5. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

I'd really like EasySwitch on a keyboard with numpad.

6. malch macrumors 6502

This based purely on aesthetics, because I haven't tried it, but I like the look of the Moshi Luna...
    malch

7. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

I also want EasySwitch on a mouse/trackpad. I keep reaching for the wrong device. I should probably just invest in a KVM.

B

8. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

Those things look 10/10 in the marketing photos, but in the more realistic owner photos they don't look nearly as good. Before you buy one on purely aesthetics, check the other photos out.

9. JoeG4 macrumors 68030

JoeG4

The thing about the K810/K811 is they kinda look like Apple's keyboards but then they don't feel like them - they feel more like the old powerbook keyboards because they have way more key travel.

The K810 is rather frustrating because the FN key and ctrl key are flipped compared to an Apple keyboard too.

And it's a plastic board that flexes in the middle really easily, plus the lip at the bottom is higher than any apple keyboard.

Otherwise, they look really nice backlit :)

10. malch macrumors 6502

good advice Mango. I think they sell these Lunas in the Apple store here in town, so I'll make sure to have a look, and check the feel of the thing before I hand over the $99 (that's the price here in Canada anyway).
    regards, malch