"Backordered" on AT&T?

JawneeWin

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 24, 2013
I preordered my phone on preorder night through Apple for pickup at a local Apple Store.
Currently, my order status on Apple says "Order in Progress > Check-in window: Friday, November 3rd"
However, when I check the status on the phone on on AT&T account on their website, it says "Backordered"

Is this normal?

unibility

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2012
I preordered my phone on preorder night through Apple for pickup at a local Apple Store.
Currently, my order status on Apple says "Order in Progress > Check-in window: Friday, November 3rd"
However, when I check the status on the phone on on AT&T account on their website, it says "Backordered"

Is this normal?

I cannot speck to the normalcy of this but I think the allocator the iPhone X distribution is different per carrier. Apple may have only shipped only certain amounts of the iPhone X to AT&T itself but kept certain lots of AT&T for Apples distribution. Apple may not have ran out of AT&T iPhones but who they send it to may have ran out of their allotment. I.e. BestBuy. Target. Walmart. etc.

dave006

Contributor
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
Well AT&T has no visibility to Apple fulfillment system so this would be correct status on AT&T for now. Don't waste your time checking with AT&T. All the real fun will be at Apple for status.

Hey @unibility the OP indicated that they pre-ordered an AT&T iPhone X from Apple for in-store pickup at the Apple store.

Dave

JawneeWin

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 24, 2013
Well AT&T has no visibility to Apple fulfillment system so this would be correct status on AT&T for now. Don't waste your time checking with AT&T. All the real fun will be at Apple for status.

Hey @unibility the OP indicated that they pre-ordered an AT&T iPhone X from Apple for in-store pickup at the Apple store.

Dave
I was thinking that, but just wanted some assurance. Thanks! :)

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
Verizon has a similar status, and it provides no feedback of when it will fulfill an order.