Backordered through at&t

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thedavid, Jun 15, 2010.

1. thedavid macrumors newbie

2. lilmitchmitch macrumors 6502

This is what it showed up as last year for the 3GS.

3. rjg001 macrumors member

If I remember correctly when I got my 3G, AT&T showed everyone as backordered right up until shipping.

4. OutlawImmortal macrumors regular

OutlawImmortal

5. saccento macrumors 6502a

saccento

of course it's gonna show up as backordered since it's pre ordered.

6. coz macrumors member

did the same. that page initially showed backordered but now that is zero and the order is at 1. I didn't get a confirmation email.

7. Munitalp macrumors 65816

Thats just how their system does it, same thing for the 3GS when I preordered it last year.

8. wishman35 macrumors regular

Technically it is backordered if they do not have it in stock and are awaiting stock to ship out.

9. thedavid thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess it's a case of semantics then. Thanks for alleviating my fears :)

10. MacBone macrumors member

MacBone

yep, i remember it bouncing back and forth from backordered...it was hilarious watching these forums. people had built screenscrapers that showed status, etc. it was hilarious. the pathetic thing is that the system appears to have digressed since then considering how this preorder process has gone. these forums are sooo entertaining.

11. Luckymud macrumors newbie

same here. no confirmation email, but mine is showing 0s under "backordered"

12. millerb7 macrumors 6502a

You're fine... they didn't blow through their allotment already... that most likely won't happen (if at all) for another day or two.

All the launches are pretty much like this.

13. bunny ear tv macrumors newbie

OK, not to cause anyone alarm, but I pre-ordered from AT&T (non-Premier) this morning around 6:30am EDT, and my order has 0's in the Back-Ordered columns (and 1's in the In Progress columns). A friend of mine went through Premier and his is showing as back-ordered. So why is mine different?

14. Luckymud macrumors newbie

not positive, but i'd guess that when you order, it goes directly to backorder, and then takes a few hours to process. if you ordered before your friend, you probably had your phone showing 1s in backordered at first.

have your friend recheck later and see if the backorders moved to 'in progress'

15. Mshilling macrumors regular

same here. showed backordered, now shows in progress. I ordered around 5am eastern

16. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

I ordered through Premier last year and it stayed in the Back-Ordered for either the entire time until it shipped or pretty close to it. I received it on release day. I will not be worrying about it again and just trust that it will work out. No point in checking every 3 hours and worrying about it.

17. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Likely says "backordered" because its not physically in stock. With these servers from hell I doubt they've even touched gotten half way through allocation.

18. MacBone macrumors member

MacBone

Read my post above. Do not try to figure out the backordered thing. When it comes to preordered iPhones, it means nothing...at least historically. I remember all of the "backordered" discussions from previous launches and the backordered thing was no indication of anything.

19. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Exactly :cool: