Backpack Advice.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mynameiskishan, Jul 31, 2012.

1. mynameiskishan macrumors newbie

So I am looking for a backpack that I will be using in highschool. The backpack will probably be holding my 13'' Macbook Pro, my iPad 2 and a couple of highschool textbooks. I have been looking at the Incase Compact Backpack and the Thule Crossover Backpack from the Apple Store. Also I have been looking at their Hurley line of Backpacks (Puerto Rico, Manzana, etc.). Does anyone have any experience with any of these backpack? Also if you have other suggestions of other backpacks which can hold all my stuff that will be great:). Thank You!

2. rocanlover163 macrumors member

3. jacob-07 macrumors regular

4. sine-nomine macrumors regular

There's always the Saddleback Leather backpack. Yeah, it's pricey, but it smells great, and it will last a lifetime. It has the added bonus of being a great conversation starter.

5. NeXT MacRumors macrumors member

Get a jansport backpack

Get a jansport backpack

6. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

x2 on Timbuk2 bags. These will take you into college. They have a lot of compartments for stuff. Weather proof and basically indestructible. The Hal Timbuk2 bag should fit your needs

http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/products/hal-backpack

review here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyl4V6MRXuc

idk why Apple stopped selling these bags in their stores. They do have a few of their products in the online store. I purchased my first one in the Apple store and I still have it. Added a couple more too.

7. Fed macrumors 6502

As you're purchasing it for college, I'll hazard an ignorant guess and say you're relatively young. Therefore I'd urge you to choose a proper backpack make and not the brands who develop the various cases for MacBooks. They are usually focussed on the design rather than functionality and as you're carrying a lot of stuff (MacBook, textbooks, iPad), you'll need one with good back support - you don't want a middle-aged nurse's back by the time you're 30.

I recently bought this and it's absolutely brilliant. Holds literally everything and I can't feel the weight ;)

8. mynameiskishan thread starter macrumors newbie

I was looking at this backpack too, does it have enough padding for the Macbook Pro?

9. Fed macrumors 6502

Definitely. I may have even written the review on that page ;)

To be fair, when my new Retina comes and out of sheer paranoia, I'll probably buy a sleeve for it. Then it's got the added protection of a sleeve for dust and things and the padding of the bag.

What's great about the bag is that the computer compartment is lifted from the floor, which is great if you come into work from a bike ride or get home and want to just crash - no more 'clanks' when your bag hits the floor :D

I chose that backpack because I've had North Face things in the past and they're truly great quality. However when I heard it was a hybrid of a bag made to hold computers and properly support your back - bingo. I had to have it. There are of course other bags on the market that are very good. It was my past experience with NF that sold me and the fact it came in a nice blue colour.