Backpack for my rMBP 15

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by johnnyyt, Mar 29, 2013.

1. johnnyyt macrumors member

i'm looking for a backpack to replace my lululemon one, it last me almost 5 years :)
    it's still in usable condition but since i'll be hauling a new laptop, might as well get a new bag to go along with it

i'm looking for a bag that i can use for school but for sports as well. i like the look of the incase ones but they don't really offer much in terms of space and versatility. my 2 main needs are padded laptop compartment, preferably separate from the main pocket, and a water bottle pocket. another plus would be something spacious (mid-20L).

i've looked at a few and most don't meet all my needs. do you guys have any suggestions?

2. MikesGravity macrumors 6502

I know you said you weren't interested in the incase one but I wanted to put my 2 cents in. I got it when I got my 15" rMBP. The inside where the laptop goes is soft suede and real nice. I put my laptop inside an incase sleeve and then inside that and I feel it's very safe. Plus I put my charging block inside and my usb superdrive in the outside compartment and the bag is still extremely thin and light. I'm a big fan of it! You could fit a book or two if you wanted as well.

3. fatlardo macrumors 6502

fatlardo

4. johnnyyt thread starter macrumors member

the incase bags are nice but they don't carry enough capacity for me. a typical day of school for me would consist of me bringing my laptop and my books, as well as shoes and gym clothes to workout with. with the laptop inside the bag, it takes up alot of room.

not to mention it doesnt have a water bottle pocket lol

i had a friend show me that bag as well. i've been looking at the thule crossover. it's pretty similar to the ogio one

5. fatlardo macrumors 6502

fatlardo

I think we have the same taste. I was originally looking at the thule too. But the insides just isn't as nice quality as the Ogio. Not saying it isn't a awesome bag. I like both, but decided on the Ogio.

6. TofSanity macrumors 6502a

TofSanity

I have a Thule that use. I carry my 15" rMPB, Canon T3i, lens and books. I have plenty of room for all my iDevices as well. It's a nice backpack.