Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

danielwerner

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 27, 2012
Stockholm, Sweden
Hey,

Does anyone know of a good backpack to use with the rMB (12 inch)? I'm looking for a pretty light backpack with a pocket which fits the rMB well, and preferably another pocket for an ipad mini or something.

I'm looking for a backpack, not a messenger bag and not a sleeve. I want the laptop to be hidden while commuting, and I've never liked messenger bags.

Thanks!

vanimal

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2014
Hey,

Does anyone know of a good backpack to use with the rMB (12 inch)? I'm looking for a pretty light backpack with a pocket which fits the rMB well, and preferably another pocket for an ipad mini or something.

I'm looking for a backpack, not a messenger bag and not a sleeve. I want the laptop to be hidden while commuting, and I've never liked messenger bags.

Thanks!

Pretty much anything that fits the MBA 11" will fit the MBR.

fatefulwhisper

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2008
Hey,

Thanks!

I use this backpack for my rMB:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IYJD4Z2/

It also has an extra pocket for an ipad. Although it says it can carry up to a 13-inch laptop, I feel the back pocket is too small/tight for a 13". I originally bought this for my 11" MBA; the 12" rMB fits in there too. I liked it because of it's small shape/size and light weight.

promo video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3KmuivO3oc

There is another bag for those who want a single strap/minimal look:

http://www.amazon.com/Pacsafe-Luggage-Metrosafe-Cross-Meduim/dp/B008X5L54Y/

They advertise that it's for tablets, but the rMB 12" fits perfectly. I use this one when I travel abroad.

Last edited:

madat42

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2011
Though you don't like messenger bags, Timbuk2 does make commuting and travel backpacks with laptops and tablets in mind.

danielwerner

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 27, 2012
Stockholm, Sweden
I like both the Cocoon Slim and the STM Aero. Which do you think will fit my needs the best? And which will protect the rMB the best?

Anyone who has one of them?

Kayzer Soze

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2015
22318HKH_main_T

22318HKH_alt2

I used a sling backpack for my 11" macbook air and will use it for mr rMB (has a zipper pocket on back of bag just for that or an ipad....) . Its a little higher end, but I love tumi, they make great quality bags and lifetime warranty against damage (a truck ran over my suitcase once and they still replaced it)

it can sometimes be found on ebay cheaper

Tumi Monterey Sling

search "monterey"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.