Backpack recommendations to carry MacBook pro 15 and pad 2?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by shaun319, Mar 27, 2011.

1. shaun319 macrumors member

Hi guys,

I already posted this in the mbp forum but I thought I would also post in this forum for additional input. Just bought a new iPad 2. I am looking for a backpack to carry my iPad and MacBook pro 15 inch daily. I have read good reviews about North Face, incase, and brenthaven. Having a hard time deciding between the 3. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

2. schaaf macrumors newbie

I have both a 15" MBP and an iPad 2. I, for now, use a booq, I think, Mamba?
    Mamba shift? Its a nice bag, but the place where I am keeping the iPad isn't soft and fuzzy like the separate place for the MBP.

I'm in the opposite boat. I am looking for a bag that just holds the iPad and NOT the MBP. I want to be able to take the iPad, my Apple Wireless Keyboard, the charger and maybe a small notebook and pen with me. I have found a Tom Bihn, and a Booq taipan shadow that I like the looks of, but I still need more information.

I did see a bag that has a detachable part for the iPad. I dont know the specific name of the bag but it is a FuL brand. (the u has a line over it. Not sure how to do that on my keyboard) It holds a computer and then in a separate bag that zips on to it, an iPad. The bag can be one or two. Kinda like voltron.

Hope that gives you some other options.

3. shaun319 thread starter macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Yea, thanks. I will take a look at them.

4. Vonswanko macrumors regular

I use a Crumpler back pack. It has a separate small section that fits the iPad great.