Backpack suggestions for 17" MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DavidReeves, Nov 28, 2011.

1. DavidReeves macrumors newbie

Any recommendations for a great backpack for the 17" MBP? Would prefer something that has a nice custom fit for the MBP, but isn't too bulky or heavy. (The laptop weight is enough.) The perfect solution would also have a custom compartment for iPhone and iPad.

The Level8 backpack in the Apple Store looks promising but wanted to check the community here before I decided.

Thanks!
    David

2. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

Incase backpack holds a 17", isn't huge in size and is well organized, has iPad and iPhone pocket too.

3. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

4. stefmesman macrumors 6502

5. randomrazr macrumors 65816

i use the incase canvas backpack. holds up to 17inch macbook pros

Attached Files:

6. thundersteele macrumors 68030

I have a Dakine Duel for my 17'' MBP. It fits perfectly in the laptop compartment and is very well protected in there. For some reason, the Dakine Duels listed on amazon are advertised as fitting "up to 14'' laptops.'' I'm not sure if they changed the model or if it's just bad advertising on amazon.

I bought mine in switzerland:
    https://shop.dataquest.ch/4DACTION/WebAction_ShowItem/cbd013

It's a very compact backpack, not as huge as other 17'' laptop bags. There is a large, separate compartment where you can fit papers, magazines, and other stuff, three small compartments on the front and room for a bottle of water on the sides. It rests very comfortable on the back, I used it to take my 17'' MBP everywhere, without problems or back pain. The best thing is that to take out the MBP, you just have to open one zipper.

7. randomrazr macrumors 65816

why would u small bacppack? wont hold many books

8. lacoste-rocker macrumors regular

lacoste-rocker

9. psykick5 macrumors 6502

10. harcosparky macrumors 68020

When considering a backpack for your 17" Macbook Pro do not ignore all the nice backpacks out there designed for 15" Notebook Computers.

Your 17" Macbook Pro will fit nicely in most 15" Notebook backpacks because the 17" Macbook Pro is not much bigger than all other 15" Notebooks.

11. randomrazr macrumors 65816

its a big one so if u need to hold lots of bbooks yes