Backpack VS Messenger Bag

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Captain Planet, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Captain Planet macrumors 6502a

Captain Planet

Hey everyone!

So yesterday, I ordered my first laptop ever, the 13 inch MacBook Pro. Profited from the HE discount, plus the price drop (on the Canadian store). I can't wait to have it! :D

Anyways, I digress. So, I was curious to know what you guys thought was a better choice between a regular backpack (with a slot for the MBP, of course) or a messenger bag. I've been looking around and there's a few I like... of both kinds. Basically, I've got my school bag which I use almost everyday... so I thought I might lean more towards a messenger bag.

This would kind of be a gift from someone... so I guess I've got a budget that would go up to around $200. Of course, the cheaper the price, the better. Anyone have any recommendations or suggestions? Thanks!

2. blinkie macrumors regular

I'd always go with a backpack, I think they are more comfortable. And I can't help thinking that messenger bags look a bit 'arsey'.

3. Captain Planet thread starter macrumors 6502a

Captain Planet

I would want something that could also fit a few books... that would be ideal. I wouldn't want a backpack with few storage space.