Backpacks for 15" MBP

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by dagtag, Aug 12, 2010.

1. dagtag macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I've been a long-time reader of macrumors but this is my first post. I'm starting med school soon and I need a new backpack. Right now, I'm deciding between:

Thule Crossover Backpack

or

BBP Industries Bag

I'll be commuting on the subway so would prefer a slimmer backpack but one that has a good compartment for my 15" MBP and can carry a few textbooks and such. Any suggestions?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

3. jasonwilldermoo macrumors newbie

4. dagtag thread starter macrumors newbie

I have a few # Million Dollar Homes for my DSLRs and I love Crumpler. But the website doesn't really show the pockets of the Beer Back, which I'd like to see.

What do you think about the Booq Boa Flow M?

5. kwarren Guest

tombihn.com
    Vertical Braincell is the BEST protection you can get. Just put it inside of your bag​
    Also, their Brain Bag has clips that hook onto the Braincell to keep it in place​

goIncase.com
    Always owe it to yourself to check out their stuff​

Ivarpacks.com
    Maybe more of a day bag, but they are sooo nice to carry due to the weight distribution​

6. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

The Beer Back has three interior pockets + laptop sleeve and two huge exterior pockets. Maybe sometime tomorrow I'll take a picture if you want. There is also a little pencil pocket and two small tuck-in places, the second of which is the perfect size for an iPad.

7. nexedzero macrumors regular

nexedzero

check out stmbags.com and speckproducts.com i like the STM bags alot but speck has a few nice bags too

8. dagtag thread starter macrumors newbie

I went to the Apple Store today to check out the Incase Backpack, but I found that it was a bit too slim for my needs. It didn't have a medium sized pocket which I prefer to have. The outermost pocket (horizontal zipper) could only fit my fist really.

Also, it's really annoying that the apple stores in my area only carry like a couple bags. I tried to see the Thule one in person but none of them carry it anymore at all.

Anyone have this bag? Do you like it?

9. Link2999 macrumors 6502

Get the BBP Industries Backpack. I own and love it. Use the coupon code 10SAS for 10% off.

10. GadgetGeek71 macrumors 6502

11. dagtag thread starter macrumors newbie

I've finally decided to get the BBP Industries Bag! However, 10SAS doesn't seem to work, any other codes?

12. iamvexed macrumors member

You will not regret your decision! I have it, and love it. Enjoy!

13. innadur macrumors newbie

In my openion, The North Face Brand is the best. I am 30 years old and have always used a North Face. I simply love them. They are reliable, stylish and have comfortable belts. Lately I bought a Recon Backpack for travelling.

14. dagtag thread starter macrumors newbie

I've been using North Face bags for more than 10 years. My current backpack was the Recon, but I found it lacking appropriate padding for my laptop and it did tend to drag when heavy.

I just received my BBP Industries bag in the mail. I haven't used it yet but will soon. It looks great! Thanks to everyone for their advice!

15. alexh123drum macrumors member

Yeah Iv just bought The North Face Surge. Great so far. Looks great and feels well supported with a heavy load of laptop, textbooks, lunch, water proof coat etc