Backpacks

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by AdamLikesMusic, Jun 21, 2009.

1. AdamLikesMusic macrumors 6502

I've already got an AppleSac for my 13" MBP, but because I'm weird, I'm interested in a backpack for school next year.

I have a gift card for the Apple store, so naturally, I'd like to just use it for the backpack (I don't need any software or gadgets right now). I went to the brand new Apple store here, as well as the one located next to my work, and the Hurley backpacks stood out to me, and seemed very nice/comfortable.

The backpack in question

Does anyone have experience with one of these bags? Good? Bad? (The reviews are all fairly positive, which is surprising, seeing as how this is the internet)

And just in case someone suggests it, I did search, and looked through the first 15 or so threads, but nothing really caught my interest. I saw this bag, and immediately took a liking to it.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I am not a fan of laptop backpacks. They make you a bigger target for thieves and are generally less space-efficient than just putting your laptop in a sleeve with a normal backpack.

3. Heilage macrumors 68030

Heilage

I suggest buying a Crumpler backpack. They have an isolated and padded pocket for your laptop, at the rear near your back. They provide perfect protection, and should also house enough room for your books and other stuff. I've used one for a year, and I'm very happy with it.

Might be a bit pricy, but you'll have to decide how much you want to pay for one. :)

4. MAC~n~Cheese macrumors newbie

I've also been doing some research on Timbuk2 bags, but i think most of theirs is messenger-style. Some have separate areas for laptops too. I've read better reviews of Timbuk2 when compared to Crumpler bags, but personally i've never used either. Timbuk2 can be expensive too though, especially if you order through their custom website. You can also buy them at other stores (REI - Recreational Equipment Inc, etc)
    Just thought i'd mention Timbuk2 =)

5. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Umm...I love my Booq, but at the price range, my old STM Large Loop was hard to beat. Also, if that's sorta the "style" you are looking for, trying checking out some of Incase and Ogio.