Backup 3 - old (deleted) backup references

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by johny5, Jan 2, 2008.

1. johny5 macrumors 6502a

johny5

I was running out of space on my backup drive and had to delete a few of the old incremental backups and then thought i may as well delete the whole lot and start with a full backup again as I had renamed the backup and the naming of the backup files looked confusing.

My question is, now that i have deleted all my old backup files that they still appear in Backup 3 after you click the restore tab.
    I would like to remove these references and have tried searching to no avail, I guess they are just a file somewhere with references inside?

can anyone help please?

2. johny5 thread starter macrumors 6502a

johny5

3. johny5 thread starter macrumors 6502a

johny5

ok I fixed my own problem :)

If you need to delete you old backup sets and also want to remove the reference to the old backup sets from within Backup 3 - in RESTORE then in the RESTORE tab :

navigate to

Macintosh HD\USERS\"your username"\LIBRARY\APPLICATION SUPPORT\BACKUP\BACKUP LIBRARY\

in this folder may be a few different directories, you can open up the directories and look at the filenames, they are fairly self explanatory and also the date stamp helps you to choose the ones that you need to delete.

(please note I take no responsibility for any files you choose to delete from you Mac :) )