Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KirkTheJerk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 13, 2010
I'm getting ready to jailbreak for the first time and want to know about making a backup. Is there a way to backup my phone before I jailbreak to save everything the way it is now and then if something happens that I want to go back to my original settings get rid of the jailbreak and go back to the way the phone was before the jailbreak? I have read that some of the jailbreak stuff stays in your phone and I want to know if there is a way to back up and then restore to original settings without losing everything that I have on my phone now...

Thanks

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Just let itunes do a backup, and write down the date on your hand (or paper) so you remember what backup is "Jailbreak free". That's all, no secrets way

TMar

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
Ky
Like maturola said, plug it up select your device in itunes, right click and select backup.

KirkTheJerk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 13, 2010
I know how to backup my iphone I just want to know if I can get back and restore to the backup after I jailbreak my phone and be rid of all the jailbreak stuff and not lose all my apps that I have now....

nidserz

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2008
Dubai x Toronto
Is there anyway to restore from a backup and get rid of the jailbreak but save data from Apps like high scores?
Since it isnt resetting the firmare from restore, I was still jailbroken.
Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.