Backup Before Jailbreak?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by KirkTheJerk, Oct 15, 2010.

1. KirkTheJerk macrumors newbie

I'm getting ready to jailbreak for the first time and want to know about making a backup. Is there a way to backup my phone before I jailbreak to save everything the way it is now and then if something happens that I want to go back to my original settings get rid of the jailbreak and go back to the way the phone was before the jailbreak? I have read that some of the jailbreak stuff stays in your phone and I want to know if there is a way to back up and then restore to original settings without losing everything that I have on my phone now...

Thanks

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Just let itunes do a backup, and write down the date on your hand (or paper) so you remember what backup is "Jailbreak free". That's all, no secrets way

3. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

Like maturola said, plug it up select your device in itunes, right click and select backup.

4. KirkTheJerk thread starter macrumors newbie

I know how to backup my iphone I just want to know if I can get back and restore to the backup after I jailbreak my phone and be rid of all the jailbreak stuff and not lose all my apps that I have now....

5. nidserz macrumors 6502a

nidserz

Is there anyway to restore from a backup and get rid of the jailbreak but save data from Apps like high scores?
    Since it isnt resetting the firmare from restore, I was still jailbroken.
    Thanks