Backup Bookmarks

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mpossoff, Nov 14, 2010.

1. mpossoff macrumors 68020

Hi how do you back up bookmarks? I can't find an alternative solution to mobile me.

2. mpossoff thread starter macrumors 68020

seem to can't find a solution to save bookmarks, any help? I have to cancel my mobile me account.

3. sharpycl macrumors 6502

sharpycl

you can sync them through iTunes. They will be backed up through safari, or if you use a windows PC, they will be backed up through safari or internet explorer.

4. mpossoff thread starter macrumors 68020

I have a pc with safari and internet exp.

5. sharpycl macrumors 6502

sharpycl

ok. Just connect your iphone to your computer. Open up iTunes. Select your iPhone. Then click on "info". If you're using iTunes 10.1 than scroll down till you see the box labeled other. You should see a "sync bookmarks with" checkbox. It it is not already selected than go ahead and select it, then move over to the scroll bar to the right and select the browser you want to sync your bookmarks with.

Then sync your iphone. When you've finished syncing you should now have all of your iPhones bookmarks available in your chosen browser.

6. mpossoff thread starter macrumors 68020

the issue is I cancelled mobile me but bookmarks are still on my device. when I go to other it's saying bookmarks are being synced by mobile me. if i remove mobile me from my device I'll lose all my bookmarks.