Backup camera roll to iCloud

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by AddisonIII, Apr 17, 2016.

1. AddisonIII macrumors regular

I'm trying to find the correct way to backup my camera roll in iCloud but am not sure if I have it setup correct. When going to settings,iCloud ,the list opens to the right. Under photos it shows as "On". When clicking ON photos opens with three choices with the top two turned OFF and the bottom iCloud photo sharing is ON.
    Do I need to have any of those in the ON or can they all be left in the OFF ? All that matters to me is that my camera roll is being backed up.
    I hope my question isn't to confusing.

2. Kinger61 macrumors newbie

You need to turn on iCloud Photo Library in order to save the photos to iCloud continuously!

I would also recommend turning on download and keep originals once that is done so you can keep your photos on the iPad aswell as in cloud, optimise will put the photos in iCloud and can stop new photos being stored on iPad to help with storage on the physical iPad !

If you have any other Apple devices using the same iCloud ID then turn on upload to my photo stream to share new photos taken on any device with those using the same iCloud! Hope this helps :)